Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Re-Do's

68 lbs. Impossible! My digital scale must have had a 1/2 of a solar cell operation. Well more than half (gulp!)... Not wanting to (smiling), I stepped off my digital scale, hit reset and got back on. 127 1/4. "Well haleluiah Praise the Lord a 1/4 lost today - NOT!". I was not happy. Why did I do a redo? Couldn't I have just believe the lie? Couldn't I have been 68 lbs. - just for today?

How many times in my life could I have used a redo? For the better, not the worse like today's weigh-in. So many mistakes. So many regrets. So many plates of crow instead of caviar I had to eat because I had not listened, had not used my two ears instead of my one mouth and had not heeded the voice of reason hidden in my heart from God's very Word. I knew what to do - but did the opposite!

Re-do's are those times when the demon sat on one shoulder and jeered at the angel on the opposite shoulder. Each time the angel sat silently but I gave away my attention to the demon - - just because the demon wouldn't be silent.

And the pathetic part is that that angel was likely involved in incense burning on my behalf. Angelic pleading for me to listen to the Holy Spirit instead of pridefully attacking. That angel no doubt cringed as I spewed venom at that innocent soul. Just because the snake provided the poison I took it and flung it far. Had I prayed, had I hesitated, I could have prevented the need for a redo. No doubt as I sat in the dark and hid from God that demon did the victory dance. There was a party in Sheol and a dirge in Heaven.

How many times the saints in Heaven probably hid their faces in their hands and cried out, "No, Christina. No. Not this time. Wait. No! No!.....oh! not this time...why aren't you listening???????"

A redo would have been nice that one sunny turned dark day. The day I decided to take matters into my own hands. Oh, I had taken many matters into my own hands. Many days. But this particular day I made a mistake I will forever regret. And never forget. The demon agreed with me that I was making the right decision that day. Convenience. This was the right decision. But for who? Me. All for me. The demon won that day. The angel had a hard time hanging on.

In Other Words
Redo's could also be called Second Chances. I Googled 'second chances' (why not?!). I found this link Good Second Chances Website. So many verses about men and women throughout the ages needing or desiring a redo!

I love what Jonah had to say in Jonah 2:1-10:

 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish, saying, “I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice. For you cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the flood surrounded me; all your waves and your billows passed over me. Then I said, ‘I am driven away from your sight; yet I shall again look upon your holy temple.’ The waters closed in over me to take my life; the deep surrounded me; weeds were wrapped about my head ...

Read on and you will cheer and be happy for him. He had a redo just for the asking.

How about Manasseh? Oh my! He is referred to as the King of Second Chances Learn More About Manasseh. More?
Abraham - He was a lair
Peter - denied the Lord three times


Jacob - He was a cheater
Moses - was a murderer
David - was an adulterer and murdered
Paul - arrested Christians and had them thrown in jail

Wait! Back up. Peter - - denied the Lord - three times? That would be one mess up, first redo, and do the math - that is a second redo!! John 21 - 3 times he answers.

Then....

uno ~ And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest: And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, “And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.” But he denied, saying, “I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest.” And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew. (Mark 14:66-68)


dos ~ And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest. But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter. Then saith the damsel that kept the door unto Peter, “Art not thou also one of this man's disciples?” He saith, “I am not.” And the servants and officers stood there, who had made a fire of coals; for it was cold: and they warmed themselves: and Peter stood with them, and warmed himself. (John 18:15-18)

tres ~ And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, “This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.” And again he denied with an oath, “I do not know the man.” And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, “Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech betrayeth thee.” Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, “I know not the man.” And immediately the cock crew. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, “Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.” And he went out, and wept bitterly. (Matthew 26:71-75)

What happened? Peter took his eyes off Jesus. He heard only the demon. The angel silently wailed as Peter hid in the dark. The demon did a victory dance in the dark that day no doubt just like he still does whenever we fail to hear His voice and heed His direction.

Who will you listen to when the Pastor gives the call? Look forward, not to the right or the left. Listen for the silence. Listen for the voice of the Lord. God is the god of second, third, fourth infinity chances... But why wait til the scale tips in your favor? Today the redo was not better than the original plan. But in God's economy the redo was in our favor for all of eternity.

Romans 10:9-11.

Make the decision today - before the angel leaves your shoulder and it's too late.

Matthew 24:31, "And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."


Redo's are possible. And so is Jesus Christ.

No comments: